During the last five years, researchers at Penn State University have improved technology that allows computers to identify international conflict events of interest from virtually millions of news reports, and applied this technology to successfully replicate and extend one of the most popular datasets, the Militarized Interstate Dispute (MID) Dataset from the Correlates of War project.
What does COW stand for?
COW stands for Correlates of War Project (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of COW
We have 101 other meanings of COW in our Acronym Attic
- Collectible of the Week
- College of Wooster
- Commanding Officer's Wife
- Committee of the Whole
- Computer On Wheels (DeVry Institute of Technology)
- Computer Originated World (BBC-1 TV ident in the 1980s)
- Container On Wheels
- Control of Well (energy insurance)
- Control of Work
- Cost of War (US DoD)
- Cost of Waste (financial management)
- Council of War
- Council of Wyrms (gaming)
- Covenant of Works (theology)
- Cream of Wheat (food)
- Creating Original Work (Playwrights Horizons Theater School)
- Critical Online Window
- Critical Ordinary Watercourse (small watercourse prone to flooding)
- Crude Oil Washing
Samples in periodicals archive:
13) By using the document, Correlates of War Project, Kang outlines China's impressive record in the Composite Index of National Capability (CINC) and as reflected in the annual values for urban population, total population, iron and steel production, energy consumption, military personnel and military expenditure.
The Correlates of War project by political scientist David Singer, and his associates at the University of Michigan, pioneered a comprehensive data base.