Using the Coronagraphic Imager with Adaptive Optics (CIAO) mounted on the Subaru Telescope, the team observed the young binary star SR24, which is located in the constellation Ophiuchus, 520 light-years away.
What does CIAO stand for?
CIAO stands for Coronagraphic Imager with Adaptive Optics (National Astronomical Observatory of Japan)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CIAO
We have 27 other meanings of CIAO in our Acronym Attic
- Certified Illinois Assessing Officer (property assessments)
- Chandra Interactive Analysis of Observations
- Charitable Italian American Organization (Ohio)
- Chief Infrastructure Assurance Officer (US FEMA)
- CiAO Is Aspect-Oriented
- Clinical Information Access Online
- Columbia International Affairs Online
- Commodity Import Analysis & Operation (USDA)
- Component-Integrated ACE ORB
- Council on International and Area Outreach (University of Tennessee)
- Critical Infrastructure Assurance Office
- Cultural Italian American Organization
- Central Illinois Agency on Aging (Peoria, IL)
- Center for Information and Advice on Harmful Sectarian Organizations (Belgium)
- C4ISR Integrated Architecture Program (now Command Information Superiority Architectures, CISA)
- Calf Intestinal Alkaline Phosphatase
- Cambodia-IRRI-Australia Project
- Canadian Immunization Awareness Program
- Central Intelligence Agency Program (US DoD)