The team was led by William Hutchison of the University of Minnesota and included Rick Hellmich, a US Department of Agriculture (USDA) entomologist at the Corn Insects and Crop Genetics Research Unit operated at Ames, Iowa, by the Agricultural Research Service (ARS).
What does CICGRU stand for?
CICGRU stands for Corn Insects and Crop Genetics Research Unit (United States Department of Agriculture; Ames, IA)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Commonwealth Institute for Child and Family Studies (Virginia Commonwealth University; Richmond, VA)
- Army Criminal Investigative Command
- California Institute for County Government
- Capitol Industrial Construction Groups, Inc.
- Centre International de Conférence de Genève
- Commercial Interiors Consulting Group, LLC (Atlanta, GA)
- Corporate and Institutional Client Group (Merrill Lynch)
- Critical Infrastructure Coordination Group (SIPAC)
- China International Consumer Goods Fair
- Centre for International Corporate Governance Research
- Canadian Institute of Child Health
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Centre for International Child Health (UK and Australia)
- Collaborative Initiative to Help End Chronic Homelessness
- Colorado Interagency Council on Homelessness
- Comision Interinstitucional de la Cuenca Hidrografica del Canal de Panama (Spanish: Interagency Committee on Panama Canal Watershed)
- Commercial International Capital Holding (Egypt)
- Consortium for Intellectual and Cultural History (Columbia University; New York)
- Construction Industry Council of Hawaii (formerly Construction Industry Legislation Organization)
- Council on Infant and Child Health and Welfare (UN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
MaizeGDB puts data together in a way that would have taken researchers a long time to chase down and compile on their own," says Carolyn Lawrence, a plant geneticist and MaizeGDB director at ARS's Corn Insects and Crop Genetics Research Unit (CICGRU) in Ames, Iowa.
Working at the ARS Corn Insects and Crop Genetics Research Unit in Ames, Iowa, Binder focuses on discovering new alternatives--other than applying chemical or microbial insecticides to protect corn from corn borers.