Thomson's involvement in the development of SmartRight technology was previously disclosed on May 30, 2001 at the Los Angeles meeting of the Copy Protection Technical Working Group (CPTWG).
What does CPTWG stand for?
CPTWG stands for Copy Protection Technical Working Group (IBM, Philips, et al)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CPTWG
We have 2 other meanings of CPTWG in our Acronym Attic
- Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Crime Prevention Through Social Development (Canada)
- Child Post-Traumatic Stress Reaction Index
- Calgary Police Tactical Team
- Complex Personal Tax Team (UK)
- Cumbria Primary Teacher Training (UK)
- CPMA/PMA Traceability Task Force (produce industry; Canada)
- Central Procurement Technical Unit (Bangladesh)
- Connecticut Public Television
- Centro de Pesquisa em Tecnologias Wireless (Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil)
- Copyright Protection Technical Working Group
- Committee on Physics in Two Year Colleges (American Association of Physics Teachers)
- California Pacific University
- California Polytechnic University (aka Cal Poly)
- Call Pick Up (PABX phone systems)
- Caption Projection Unit
- Carnet de Prélèvement Universel (French: Universal Book Collection)
- Cash Pick Up
- Central Philippine University
Samples in periodicals archive:
Congressman Rick Boucher (D-VA) concerning the RIAA's refusal to participate in the Copy Protection Technical Working Group (CPTWG) to discuss efforts to prevent the mass, indiscriminate redistribution of copyrighted works over the Internet: "We are pleased to see the RIAA letter finally confirmed, as we have long suspected, that no technical specification for an audio flag, or in fact anything else, exists and that the RIAA has stayed away from the Copy Protection Technical Working Group in part because it has nothing to propose.
Additionally, Abe acted as Cisco's liaison to the Copy Protection Technical Working Group, an organization dedicated to developing standards for digital content copy protection.