1991) showing that precoproporphyrin is formed as a consequence of Hg inhibition of uroporphyrinogen decarboxylase in the kidney during prolonged exposure, producing excess pentacarboxylporphyrinogen, which then competes with coproporphyrinogen as a substrate for coproporphyrinogen oxidase as the basis of precoproporphyrin formation (Woods et al.
What does CPO stand for?
CPO stands for Coproporphyrinogen Oxidase
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CPO
We have 272 other meanings of CPO in our Acronym Attic
- Consejo del Pueblo Maya (Spanish: Mayan Village Council; Guatemala)
- Conselho Político da Oposição (Portuguese: Political Council of Opposition; Angola)
- Consolidated Planning Order
- Consumer Protection Office
- Continuous Program Optimization
- Contracting and Purchasing Operations
- Control Post Operator
- Convergent Pricing Object
- Cook Post Office (Rutgers College)
- Copenhagen Philharmonic Orchestra (Denmark)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Pb depresses coproporphyrinogen oxidase, resulting in increased coproporphyrin activity.
The excessive urinary coproporphyrin excretion cannot be caused by an enzymatic deficiency, because coproporphyrinogen oxidase activity was within reference values.