Evidence for a novel role of copper-zinc superoxide dismutase in zinc Metabolism.
What does CuZnSOD stand for?
CuZnSOD stands for Copper-Zinc Superoxide Dismutase (enzyme)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Combined Unconventional Warfare Task Force
- Coordinatiecommissie Uitvoering Wet Verontreniging Oppervlaktewater (Dutch)
- Corporate University Xchange (provides education research, benchmarking and advisory services to corporate America)
- Cambridge University Yachting (UK)
- Center for Urban Youth and Technology (Albany, NY)
- Chinese Union of Zurich (est. 2003)
- Community Use Zone (Crocker Range Park Management Plan; Malaysia)
- Cuzco, Peru - Tte Velazco Astete (Airport Code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Copper-Zinc superoxide dismutase from Caulobacter crescentus CB15.
The most notorious example of this in human neurology are familial forms of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's disease) secondary to mutations in the copper-zinc superoxide dismutase gene on chromosome 21.
The investigators at the Ludwig Institute of the University of California, San Diego and collaborators, funded by The ALS Association, showed that rats and larger lab animals as well respond to the antisense therapy by producing far less of the targeted protein, copper-zinc superoxide dismutase (SOD1), mutated in some inherited forms of ALS.
In some patients with inherited ALS, the protein copper-zinc superoxide dismutase (SOD1) is changed, or mutated.
who has created a worm that expresses the mutant gene for copper-zinc superoxide dismutase (SOD1), responsible for some inherited cases of ALS.