Block 1 has been undergoing airborne testing since May on the Cooperative Avionics Test Bed, a highly modified 737 airliner that incorporates the entire integrated F-35 mission systems suite, including an F-35 cockpit.
What does CATB stand for?
CATB stands for Cooperative Avionics Test Bed
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CATB
We have 7 other meanings of CATB in our Acronym Attic
- Critical Angle Towed Array Sonar
- Critical Angle Towed Array System
- Coalition for Assisting Tsunami Affected Women (Sri Lanka)
- Cathedral and the Bazaar (Eric S. Raymond essay)
- Charlie and the Bhoys (Celtic band)
- Civil Aviation Transition Branch
- Combat Arms Training Board
- Combat Aviation Training Brigade
- Combined Arms Test Bed
- Combined Arms Training Board
- Cooperative Avionics Test Bed
- Cable to Be Sent
- Calhoun Area Technology Center (Battle Creek, Michigan)
- California Airedale Terrier Club, Inc.
- Canadian Association of Therapeutic Clowns (est. 2004; Canada)
- Care Around the Clock (various locations)
- Carrier Account Team Center (Verizon)
- Carrier Air Traffic Control
- Casper Area Transportation Coalition
- Casper Area Transportation Coalition, Inc.
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Joint Strike Fighter Cooperative Avionics Test Bed (CATB), a 737-300 aircraft extensively modified by BAE Systems, successfully completed its maiden flight Jan.
16 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) has successfully conducted the first flight of the F-35 Electro-Optical Targeting System (EOTS) on the Cooperative Avionics Test Bed (CATBird) platform.
8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Lockheed Martin's Cooperative Avionics Test Bed, or "CATBird," has begun in-flight integration and verification of the F-35 Lightning II mission systems suite, launching another stage of risk reduction for the world's newest fighter.
CST, the Cooperative Avionics Test Bed -- "CATBird" -- took off on a two-hour functional check flight, one of its final sorties before aerial F-35 mission systems testing begins.
FORT WORTH, Texas, March 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The Cooperative Avionics Test Bed, a modified 737 designed to validate the F-35 Lightning II's(TM) avionics suite, flew today from Mojave, Calif.
12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The Cooperative Avionics Test Bed, a highly modified 737 designed to validate the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II's powerful avionics, has satisfied all test objectives within its initial flight-clearance envelope.
In a cooperative engagement between a Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System (Joint STARS) aircraft and the Northrop Grumman-owned (NYSE: NOC) JSF cooperative avionics test bed (CATB), the Lockheed Martin JSF acquired and derived targeting data of high-value stationary and moving targets during simulated attacks at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Md.