Chelko also serves as the DOD executive agent for the Convicted Offender DNA Index System, chairs the DOD Forensic Science Committee, and represents the DOD on the President's Subcommittee on Forensic Science.
What does CODIS stand for?
CODIS stands for Convicted Offender DNA Index System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CODIS
We have 2 other meanings of CODIS in our Acronym Attic
- Customers of Dynix, Inc. (user group)
- Cooperative Distributed Interactive Atmospheric Catalog
- Concurrent Development, Integration, and Application of Knowledge
- Complex Documents Indexing by Content Exploitation (archive project)
- Center on Deafness - Inland Empire (Riverside, CA)
- Composition and Distribution Function (analyzer)
- Children of Divorce Intervention Program
- Components for Ontology Driven Information Push
- Centre Opérationnel d'Incendie et de Secours (French: Operational Fire and Rescue Center)
- Combined DNA Index System (US FBI)
- Compañía Distribuidora Sociedad Anónima (Spanish: Distribution Comany; Guatemala)
- Compañía Colombiana de Discos SA (Colombia)
- Comercial Distribuidora de Papel Sociedad Anónima (Guatemala)
- Comisión contra la Discriminación y Racismo (Spanish: Commission against Discrimination and Racism)
- Coimbatore District Small Industries Association
- Code-Division Testbed
- Compact Diagnostic Test (various locations)
- Compartmentalization of Decay in Trees
- Canadian Online Disc Jockey Association
- Centre for Open and Distance Learning (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
About FIL: Fairfax Identity Labs ("FIL"), a business unit of CBI, offers comprehensive genetic identity testing, including paternity, forensic, Convicted Offender DNA Index System ("CODIS") analyses and Clinical Genetic testing services.