OTTAWA -- The United Nations General Assembly missed an opportunity to make the Convention on the Rights of the Child a centrepiece of the final declaration from its special meeting on children in May.
What does COROC stand for?
COROC stands for Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNICEF)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of COROC
- Cornouillais (linguistics)
- Council of Regional Networks for Genetic Services
- Corporación Autónoma Regional Rionegro-Nare
- CORporate NETwork
- Community, Outreach, Recognition and Opportunity
- Conference of Regulatory Officers (est. 1992; Australia)
- Contract-Operated Retail Operations (former division of Shell Oil)
- Coronado National Memorial (US National Park Service)
- Central Oregon Rental Owners Association (Bend, OR)
- Church Overseas of Russian Orthodox Christians
- Communications from the Royal Observatory Edinburgh (UK)
- Coordinating Research on the North Atlantic
- Programs Usually Connected With the Tactical Air Command
- Collectors of Religion on Stamps (Appleton, WI)
- Convection Rotation and Planetary Transits (CNES, France)
- CAM (Complementary/Alternative Medicine) Outcomes Research Project
- Canadian Organization for Prostitutes Rights
- Central Ontario Regional Parliament
- Central Oregon & Pacific Railroad (railroad)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Building on Failure This year's Children's Summit was a follow-up to the UN's 1990 World Summit for Children, which launched the Convention on the Rights of the Child -- one of several UN instruments being used as battering rams against our Constitution and national sovereignty.
5 Million Children of Iraq, also assert that the Respondents have violated all of the rights guaranteed to them by the International Convention on the Rights of the Child of 1989.
A more comprehensive, up-to-date agenda is spelled out in the 1989 Convention on the Rights of the Child.