The participants at a workshop called for creating awareness among masses on ecosystem and sensitizing policy makers over the issue to take pragmatic measures for conservation of biodiversity in accordance with the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD).
What does CBD stand for?
CBD stands for Convention on Biological Diversity
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CBD
We have 239 other meanings of CBD in our Acronym Attic
- Compacted Bulk Density
- Component Based Design
- Component Based Development
- Computer Based Depository
- Computer-Based Demonstration
- Condemned Below Depot
- Configured Baseline Document
- Conservative Business Dress
- Construction Battalion Detachment
- Convention on Biodiversity
- Corporate Business Development (various organizations)
- Corticobasal Degeneration (neuropathology)
- Corticobasal Ganglionic Degeneration (neurology)
- Cost Break Down
- COTS (Commercial-off-the-Shelf) Based Development (software)
- Crazy Blind Date (no-cost dating service; various locations)
- Crossed-Beam Display (3-D technology)
- Customer Business Development
- Cyclobutadiene (chemistry)
- Cellulose Binding Domains 1
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Convention on Biological Diversity of 2010 would also ban some forms of weather modification or geoengineering.
Unification Ministry spokesman Lim Byeong-cheol said that South Korea delivered an invitation for the North to take part in the 12th meeting of the signatories to the Convention on Biological Diversity, scheduled to open in Pyeongchang, some 180 kilometers southeast of Seoul late this month.
On the International Day for Biological Diversity, I also call on all Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity who have not already done so, to ratify the Nagoya Protocol on Access to Genetic Resources and the Fair and Equitable Sharing of Benefits Arising from their Utilization, and therefore help us all to work toward the future we want.
The ceremony was convened by the World Future Council (WFC), the Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), the Global Environment Facility (GEF) and the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO), with support from the Okeanos Foundation.
Inaugurating the high level segment of the 11th Conference of Parties to the UN Convention on Biological Diversity in Hyderabad on Tuesday, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh also announced that India had ratified the Nagoya Protocol (access to genetic resources and the fair andequitable sharing of benefits arising from their utilization).
Singh in his remarks at the inauguration of the High Level Segment of the 11th Conference of Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity here.
Union minister for environment and forests Jayanthi Natarajan took over the reins of the Conference of Parties from Japan's Masamichi Saigo while inaugurating the UN Convention on Biological Diversity at the Hyderabad International Convention Centre.