Corot, short for convection rotation and planetary transits, is the first instrument capable of finding small rocky planets beyond the solar system.
What does COROT stand for?
COROT stands for Convection Rotation and Planetary Transits (CNES, France)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Contract-Operated Retail Operations (former division of Shell Oil)
- Coronado National Memorial (US National Park Service)
- Central Oregon Rental Owners Association (Bend, OR)
- Church Overseas of Russian Orthodox Christians
- Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNICEF)
- Communications from the Royal Observatory Edinburgh (UK)
- Coordinating Research on the North Atlantic
- Programs Usually Connected With the Tactical Air Command
- Collectors of Religion on Stamps (Appleton, WI)
- CAM (Complementary/Alternative Medicine) Outcomes Research Project
- Canadian Organization for Prostitutes Rights
- Central Ontario Regional Parliament
- Central Oregon & Pacific Railroad (railroad)
- Collaboration Opportunities and Research Partnerships (SBIR/STTR)
- Commission On Radiation Protection
- Corporations Canada