The EFS can also provide data integrity checking and ease the working environment of air traffic controllers and paves the way for the application of advanced features such as Controller Pilot Data Link Communications (CPDLC).
What does CPDLC stand for?
CPDLC stands for Controller Pilot Data Link Communications (aviation)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Communications Product Development, Inc. (Vancouver, WA)
- Centro Provincial de Documentación e Información Juvenil
- Chrysler Plymouth Dodge Jeep
- Colorado Professional Disc Jockey Association
- Canadian Patents and Development, Ltd. (est. 1946)
- Certificate Path Development Library (software; CygnaCom Solutions)
- Choral Public Domain Library
- Christian Patriots Defense League
- Converse Propositional Dynamic Logic
- Cumulative Population Doubling Level
- Central Pennsylvania Digital Learning Foundation
- Cameroon People's Democratic Movement
- Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing (Bangalore, India)
- Certified Professional Disability Management
- Collaborative Product Data Management
- Collaborative Product Definition Management (aka Collaborative Product Development Management)
- Collaborative Product Development Management (aka Collaborative Product Definition Management)
- Companded Predictive Delta Modulation
- Compensated Pulse Density Modulation
- Code Phase Division Multiple Access (satellite communication tool)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mar 11, 2010 SITA SITA is partnering with Spanish and Portuguese air navigation service providers AENA and NAV Portugal to deliver data link infrastructure for pre-operational testing in preparation for introduction of Controller Pilot Data Link Communications across the Iberian Peninsula by 2013.
The first operational product of the relationship is the joint trial of Controller Pilot Data Link Communications (CPDLC) designed to improve the quality of communications and reduce cockpit workload for pilots.
The new automated ATM system will be able to manage additional flights and incorporate network security capacities like Automatic Dependent Surveillance (ADS), Controller Pilot Data Link Communications (CPDLC), and Precision Area Navigation (P-RNAV).
Collins Pro Line 21 CNS delivers VDL Mode 2 communications today and positions ARJ21 for advanced functionality such as controller pilot data link communications (CPDLC).
Representatives from airlines, aircraft OEMs, regulatory agencies and associated companies discussed a broad range of topics including Controller Pilot Data Link Communications and Flight Operational Quality Assurance initiatives, as well as the latest data acquisition, datalink and airborne telephony activities affecting the airlines and the business aviation industry.
The Rockwell Collins data link communications system supports current and future digital CNS/ATM environments, including ACARS, future air navigation systems (FANS), controller pilot data link communications (CPDLC), VHF data link (VDL) Mode 2 and Aeronautical Telecommunications Network (ATN).
Team NEXCOM includes Raytheon (NYSE:RTN), an industry leader in integration and automation systems; CSC (NYSE:CSC), one of the world's leading consulting and IT services firms, which will provide Controller Pilot Data Link Communications (CPDLC) support; Lockheed Martin (NYSE:LMT), a leading systems integrator for the FAA; Rockwell Collins (NYSE:COL), a leader in avionics design and manufacturing; and Avidyne, a leading manufacturer of General Aviation avionics.