The IT Governance Institute addressed this by developing Control Objectives for Information and related Technology (COBIT), the purpose being to set IT control baselines in developing a control objective template.
What does CoBiT stand for?
CoBiT stands for Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of CoBiT
We have 2 other meanings of CoBiT in our Acronym Attic
- College of Business and Industry
- Comunidad y Biodiversidad (Spanish: Community and Biodiversity; Mexico)
- Connection-Oriented Bearer-Independent
- Combinatorial Optimization: Annotated Bibliographies
- Construction to Operations Building Information Exchange (NBIMS)
- Care of Burns in Scotland
- Central Okanagan Brain Injury Society (Canada)
- Council of British Independent Schools (Oxford, UK)
- Council of British International Schools (est 1981; UK)
- Council of British Independent Schools in the European Communities (UK)
- Council for Bibliographic and Information Technologies (customized online library services in Ohio since 1982)
- Community Business
- Co-Operative Bank of Kenya Limited
- City of Blinding Lights (song)
- College of Business and Leadership
- Common Oblivion (gaming)
- Catalog of Budget Line Items
- COBOL Linking Program
- Cooperative Outboard Logistics Update
- Cooperative Outboard Logistics Upgrade
Samples in periodicals archive:
This new edition of Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT) (No.
In developing the 14 control objectives for the SAS 70, the architects engaged two frameworks: Control Objectives for Information and related Technology (COBIT) and IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL).