The contingent deferred sales charge is but one particularly odious example of how the industry intentionally obfuscates investment transactions to deceive investors.
What does CDSC stand for?
CDSC stands for Contingent Deferred Sales Charge
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CDSC
We have 31 other meanings of CDSC in our Acronym Attic
- County Disability Services Board (Virginia)
- College of Dental Surgeons of British Columbia (Canada)
- Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario (Canada)
- Casa Da Saudade Branch Library (New Bedford, MA)
- Cable Distribution and Switching Center
- Campus Development and Space Committee (Florida State University)
- Combat Data System Center
- Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre
- Communications Distribution and Switching Center (NASA)
- Connecticut Down Syndrome Congress
- Custom Data Services Cabinet (4ESS)
- Community Development Society of Calgary and Area (Canada)
- Community Development, Sport and Cultural Affairs (Australia)
- Canberra Deep Space Communications Complex
- Communicable Disease Surveillance Centre Northern Ireland (Belfast, Ireland, UK)
- Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (India)
- Cell Directory Service Command Program
- Citroën DS Club Suisse (Swiss automobile club)
- CD Spin Doctor (audio recording application for Mac OS X)
- Central Dauphin School District (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Without a full explanation of higher annual fees, contingent deferred sales charges and "breakpoints" for quantity discounts, a customer might naturally assume that no front-end cost is the way to go.
The product carries no charges at the time of purchase, no surrender fees, no contingent deferred sales charges and no annual contract administrative charge.
The asset-based fee reductions are available to service programs without contingent deferred sales charges.
The notes are collateralized by HMFFT 2003-2's participation rights to receive certain asset-based sales charges (ABSC or 12b-1 fees), contingent deferred sales charges (CDSC), and shareholder servicing fees (SSF) for the distribution and servicing of class B shares sold to mutual fund investors between Nov.
0 percent, Class B shares with no front-end sales charge and a maximum contingent deferred sales charge of 5.
The notes are collateralized by HMFFT 2004-1's participation rights to receive certain asset-based sales charges (ABSC or 12b-1 fees), contingent deferred sales charges (CDSC), and shareholder servicing fees (SSF) for the distribution and servicing of class B mutual fund shares sold to investors.
The Board also approved the waiver of contingent deferred sales charges ("CDSCs") upon redemptions of the Fund's shares on or after December 16, 2004.