For example, the largest, a contingency operating base, may sustain between 20,000 and 25,000 personnel, while a contingency operating location usually had no more than a platoon of Soldiers on site.
What does COL stand for?
COL stands for Contingency Operating Location
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of COL
We have 93 other meanings of COL in our Acronym Attic
- Comité Ouvrier du Logement (French: Housing Worker Committee)
- Committee on Legislation (various organizations)
- Common Output Level (US DoD)
- Commonwealth Of Learning (RSA)
- Communications-Oriented Language
- Community of Learners (various organizations)
- Complexity (gaming, Counter-Strike team)
- Computer Oriented Language
- Conflicts of Loyalty
- Consortium for Open Learning
Samples in periodicals archive:
Outside the fence of Contingency Operating Location Bilate, known as Camp Bilate, a remote outpost bordered by grass-hut villages in southern Ethiopia, packs of hyenas roam.
Additionally, this department provides logistical support for three contingency operating locations (COLs) in Ethiopia and Kenya.