The contaminant of concern at the Madison County Mines Superfund Site is lead from historic mining and ore processing activities.
What does COC stand for?
COC stands for Contaminant of Concern
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of COC
We have 308 other meanings of COC in our Acronym Attic
- Computer Operations Center
- Condition of Class (transport status)
- Conditions Of Carriage (airlines "fine print")
- Cone of Cold (gaming, World of Warcraft)
- Conference Call
- Conference Organizing Committee (various organizations)
- Congress Organizing Committee (various organizations)
- Conoco, Inc. (stock symbol)
- Constituents of Concern
- Container Operations Center
- Contempt of Court (judicial order)
- Contest of Champions (marching band competition)
- Continuance of Certification
- Continuity of Combustibility
- Continuum of Care
- Contraceptifs Oraux Combinés (French: Combined Oral Contraceptives)
- Control Officer Console (US Navy watch station for Naval Gun Fire support)
- Convention over Configuration (software design paradigm)
- Conventional Operating Current
- Conventional Oxidation Catalyst
Samples in periodicals archive:
Historically, the only contaminant of concern for this situation has been silver.
The section on fish consumption references studies that I and my colleagues have conducted on contaminants in farmed salmon, and mistakenly states that dioxins are the major contaminant of concern, whereas it is polychlorinated biphenyls, dieldrin, and toxaphene, not dioxin, that drive the fish consumption advisories.
Arsenic is the primary contaminant of concern at the site.
Consumers should buy filters proven to specifically remove a contaminant of concern (such as arsenic) and should choose filters certified by an independent group such as NSF International.
In summary, through the process of elimination, the number of potential sites for inclusion in a given subregistry is gradually reduced, resulting in the identification of sites with the most complete exposure assessment information for the contaminant of concern.