In his opening address, Shaikh Abdullah lauded the efforts of the international community in tackling piracy, in particular the initiatives of the Contact Group on Piracy off the coast of Somalia, of which the UAE is an active member.
What does CGPCS stand for?
CGPCS stands for Contact Group on Piracy off the Coast of Somalia (UN)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Confédération Générale des Planteurs de Betteraves (French: General Confederation of Beet; farming union)
- Center for Genomic, Proteomic, and Bioinformatic Research (University of Hawaii at Manoa, Manoa, Hawaii)
- Canadian Gas Potential Committee
- Canadian Grocery Product Code (product barcode)
- Coast Guard Personnel Command (US)
- Common Good Planning Center (Rochester, NY)
- Conseil Général des Ponts et Chaussées (French: General Board of Roads and Bridges)
- Conseils en Gestion de Patrimoine Certifiés (French financial advisors' association)
- Coordinating Group of Pesticide Control Boards of the Caribbean
- Columbia Gorge Polymer Clay Guild (Portland, OR & Vancouver, WA)
- Canadian Geoscience Publications Directory
- Childhood Granulomatous Periorificial Dermatitis
- Committee on Governance and Political Development (Hong Kong)
- Controller General of Patents Designs and Trademarks (India)
- Centre for Global Political Economy
- Corn Germ Protein Flour
- Scottish Compact Good Practice Guides (UK)
- Centers for Genomics and Public Health (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Core Graph Log (oil industry)
- Capital Goods Price Index (New Zealand)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the Contact Group on Piracy off the Coast of Somalia (CGPCS), which has 80 countries, international organisations, and the maritime industry, the UAE co-chairs the Working Group on 'Maritime Counter-Piracy and Mitigation Operations' with Japan and the Seychelles.
| BRUSSELS, Jan 6 (KUNA) -- From 1 January, the European Union has assumed for one year the chairmanship of the Contact Group on Piracy off the Coast of Somalia (CGPCS) to continue the work carried out in 2013 under the chairmanship of the United States.
| BRUSSELS, Dec 23 (KUNA) -- The EU announced here Monday that from 1 January, 2014, it will assume for one year the chairmanship of the Contact Group on Piracy off the Coast of Somalia (CGPCS) and will continue the work carried out in 2013 under the chairmanship of the United States.
UAE is also playing an active role in the Contact Group on Piracy off the Coast of Somalia (CGPCS), which has a long term objective in rooting out piracy," said Donna Hopkins, Chair of CGPCS and the coordinator for counter piracy and maritime security in the Bureau of Political Military Affairs at the US State Department.
He told a meeting of the Contact Group on piracy off the coast of Somalia