About 73% of employers plan to offer employees at least one consumer-directed health plan option in 2012, up from 61% this year.
What does CDHP stand for?
CDHP stands for Consumer-Directed Health Plan
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CDHP
We have 6 other meanings of CDHP in our Acronym Attic
- College of Dental Hygienists of Manitoba (Canada)
- Custom Dolls, Houses and Miniatures
- Continuous Density Hidden Markov Model
- Community Development and Health Network (Ireland, UK)
- College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario (Canada)
- Christian Drummers Hall of Fame
- Commission Départementale des Hospitalisations Psychiatriques (French: County Commission on Psychiatric Hospitalizations)
- Commission des Hospitalisations Psychiatriques (French: Commission of Psychiatric Hospitalizations)
- Commonwealth Dental Health Program (Australia)
- Consumer Driven Healthcare Product
- Cystic Dystrophy in Heterotopic Pancreas (radiology)
- Chronic Disease Health Promotion and Education (Florida Department of Health)
- Centre for the Development of Healthcare Policy and Practice (UK)
- CD (Compact Disc) Headquarters (music membership club; BMG Music Club)
- Camion Dévidoir Hors Route (French: Off Road Truck Hose; firefighting equipment)
- Center for Development and Human Rights (New Delhi, India)
- Centre for Democracy and Human Rights (Sierra Leone)
- Committee for the Defence of Human Rights
- Central Dakota Human Resource Association (North Dakota)
- Committee for the Defense of Human Rights in Bahrain
Samples in periodicals archive:
More employers are offering consumer-directed health plans in efforts to shift greater responsibility to workers for health care costs, lifestyle choices, and treatment decisions, according to a new survey on the plans.
A 2005 Mercer Health & Benefits LLC annual national survey of employer-sponsored health plans found that much of the growth in implementing consumer-directed health plans took place among the nation's largest employers.
The bull of health plans' business remains in managed care, and they realize that when they do a consumer-directed strategy that it's not a narrow, new consumer-directed health plan or a high-deductible health plan strategy, but it's about the entire company and how what's traditionally been a B2B [business-to-business] company makes the transition to a B2C [business-to-consumer] company with a two-step sale through the employer to the individual," Knott said.
Over the years that our philosophy has been applied throughout the world we have found high levels of satisfaction among our consumer-directed health plan members," Slutzky explained.
Aetna (NYSE: AET) has introduced a new online resource designed to help members who have enrolled or are considering enrolling in an Aetna Consumer-Directed Health Plan (CDHP) get the most out of their plan.
Card solutions also are anticipated to have a hand in easing the administration of consumer-directed health plans.
Nearly one-third (32 percent) of large companies expect to offer a consumer-directed health plan to workers next year, compared to 21 percent that currently offer such a plan.