uk THE DIRECTOR of an accountancy firm used his "intimate knowledge" of the tax system to masterminded a construction industry scheme that conned the public purse out of nearly PS370,000.
What does CIS stand for?
CIS stands for Construction Industry Scheme (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CIS
We have 834 other meanings of CIS in our Acronym Attic
- Comunita degli Stati Indipendenti (Italian: Commonwealth of Independent States)
- Concordian International School (Thailand)
- Conductor Insulator Semiconductor
- Confederacy of Independent Systems (Star Wars)
- Confederation of Independent States (former Soviet Union)
- Conference of Independent Schools of Ontario
- Congressional Information Service
- Consider It Sold (Colorado)
- Consolidated Investment Services Inc.
- Construction Imaging System (software)
- Construction Industry Software
- Construction Information Sources
- Consular Information Sheets
- Consumer and Industry Services
- Consumer Information Source (National Association of Insurance Commissioners)
- Contact Image Sensing (scanner technology)
- Contact Image Sensor
- Container Identification System
- Containment Isolation System
- Contel Information Systems Incorporated
Samples in periodicals archive:
It is important to note that the Construction Industry Scheme may apply to the contractors engaged on the conversion works.
Sterling CIS is for contractors working under the Construction Industry Scheme.
Failure to comply with the new Construction Industry Scheme could prove costly for construction firms throughout the region, say business experts.
Measures include the new Construction Industry Scheme, covering payments to sub-contractors in the building sector.
INTERNET BUSINESS NEWS-(C)1995-2006 M2 COMMUNICATIONS LTD A new helpline and interactive online employment status indicator has been introduced in the UK by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) in order to assist the construction industry in the UK prior to the launch of the new Construction Industry Scheme (CIS).
For the construction industry scheme, pupils attend college one half day a week as well as work shadowing and site visits.
Chapter 1 - Background Employer Compliance Reviews (ECR) * Chapter 2 General Questions * Chapter 3 Payroll * Chapter 4 Workers * Chapter 5 Inpatriates and Expatriates * Chapter 6 Pensions * Chapter 7 Termination Payments * Chapter 8 Expenses * Chapter 9 Benefits * Chapter 10 Share Schemes * Chapter 11 Construction Industry Scheme * Chapter 12 Other Schemes * Chapter 13 Settlement * Booklets * Income Tax allowances * Income Tax allowances table * Income Tax rates and taxable bands * Rates and allowances - National Insurance contributions * Interest rate on late payments * Index Author: Raymond McMahon Raymond McMahon is a self-employed tax adviser with over 27 years tax experience.