Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 1 Constant air volume -- -- (CAV) 2 Variable air volume -- -- (VAV) 3 Constant air volume Heat recovery (thermal -- (CAV) wheel) 4 Variable air volume Heat recovery (thermal -- (VAV) wheel) 5 Constant air volume Economizer -- (CAV) 6 Variable air volume Economizer -- (VAV) 7 Constant air volume -- Reheat (CAV) coil 8 Variable air volume -- Reheat (VAV) coil 9 Constant air volume Heat recovery (thermal Reheat (CAV) wheel) coil 10 Variable air volume Heat recovery (thermal Reheat (VAV) wheel) coil 11 Constant air volume Economizer Reheat (CAV) coil 12 Variable air volume Economizer Reheat (VAV) coil It is assumed that all primary systems are installed in a plant room close to the building and each floor has a separate air- handling unit.
What does CAV stand for?
CAV stands for Constant Air Volume
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CAV
We have 124 other meanings of CAV in our Acronym Attic
- Common Aerospace Vehicle
- Component Averaging (numerical technique for solving large sparse linear systems)
- Composite Armored Vehicle
- Compound Accreted Value
- Computer Aided Vexillology
- Computer Assisted Valuation (real property)
- Computer Audio Video (music system)
- Computer-Aided Verification
- Confrérie des Amateurs de Vapeur (French: Brotherhood of Steam Enthusiasts)
- Consolidated Adjustment Voucher
- Constant Angular Velocity
- Contrat Assurance Vie (French: Life Insurance Contract)
- Contrat d'Avenir (French: Future Contract; employment contract)
- Corrective Action Verification
- Crack Arrest Verification
- Cumulative Absolute Velocity (seismology)
- Cyclophosphamide Doxorubicin Vincristine
- Composite Armored Vehicle - Advanced Technology Demonstration
- Commercial Asset Visibility Organic Repairables Module
- California Virtual Academies (Simi Valley, California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The retro-commissioning project took place in the ARIA Building at CSTB where none of the three constant air volume air-handling units had been previously commissioned.
The solution--implemented at a Walkers Snack Food plant in Swansea--extracts and filters a constant air volume regardless of the number of blowers in use.
2008), where they analyzed 4 air handling units, single-duct constant air volume with terminal reheat (CVRH), dual-duct constant air volume (DDCV), single-duct variable air volume (SDVAV) and dual-duct variable air volume (DDVAV).
Thus, the air handling units were operated as constant air volume systems.
INTRODUCTION Many constant air volume (CAV) systems were installed in the 1950s and 1960s.