The Official Opposition introduced nine Bills, including Bill 12, An Act to Amend the Members' Conflict of Interest Act, introduced by Brian Gallant.
What does COIA stand for?
COIA stands for Conflict of Interest Act (Canada)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of COIA
We have 5 other meanings of COIA in our Acronym Attic
- Curriculum of Instruction
- Customer-Owned Inventory
- Cut-Off Index (medicine)
- Cytochrome Oxidase I
- Canada-Ontario Immigration Agreement
- Children of Iraq Association (UK)
- Commission on Information and Accountability for Women's and Children's Health (COIA)
- Commission on Intercollegiate Athletics
- Commissioner of Indian Affairs
- Community Outreach in Action (Everglades restoration newsletter; Florida)
- Coordenacão das Organizações Indígenas da Amazônia Brasileira (Portuguese: Coordination of Indigenous Organizations of the Brazilian Amazon)
- Conflict of Interest Advisory Committee
- Clear Only If Already Known
- Control of Obscene and Indecent Articles Ordinance (Hong Kong)
- Council of Indian American Realtors
- Centralny Osrodek Informacji Budownictwa (Polish: Central Information Center of Construction; Poland)
- Comité Olympique et Interfédéral Belge (Belgium)
- Conflicts of Interest Board
- Canadian Overseas Immigration and Business Services
- Central Oregon Intergovernmental Council
Samples in periodicals archive:
The proposed set of amendments to the Conflict of Interest Act were presented Monday by Maya Manolova, socialist MP and Deputy Parliament Speaker, and Kiril Dobrev, socialist MP and Chair of the inquiry committee working on the case of the notorious notebook of former CPACI Chair Filip Zlatanov.
He said the Access to Information Act had been approved while work on the Right to Service Act, Conflict of Interest Act, Local Government and Village Council Act, e-Governance and e-Business Act, Public Private Partnership Act and Vessel Act was in progress which would also be finalized soon.
Delays in the nomination of the members of the dedicated commission created by Bulgaria's newly amended Conflict of Interest Act have led to an interruption in the follow-up of signals of conflict of interest since the first quarter of 2011, the EC says.
An Act to Amend the Members' Conflict of Interest Act would prohibit government from awarding contracts or employment to former members of the Executive Council for a period of four years after they cease to hold office.
The document also registers the amended Criminal Procedure Code, Judiciary Act and Conflict Of Interest Act, concluding, however, that reforms in the country remain only on paper.
The unanimous report of the Select Standing Committee on Parliamentary Reform, Ethical Conduct, Standing Orders and Private Bills on its review of the Members' Conflict of Interest Act which makes 34 recommendations to modernize and strengthen the legislation.
Such Court rule is the first one since 2009, when the special Conflict of Interest Act became effective, the most notorious case being the VAS exoneration of conflict of interest of the leader of the ethnic Turkish party, DPS, Ahmed Dogan, for pocketing BGN 1.