The recording, which has been published on several Internet sites but verified as authentic, depicts the Heathrow runway incursion monitoring and conflict alert system (RIMCAS), and shows flight BA038 approaching the runway, and being cleared to land, before its identifying signal abruptly stops.
What does CAS stand for?
CAS stands for Conflict Alert System
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CAS
We have 1015 other meanings of CAS in our Acronym Attic
- Computer-Aided Support
- Computer-Aided Training
- Computer-Assisted System
- Computerized Autodial System
- Computing in Atmospheric Sciences Workshop
- Conciliation and Arbitration Service (various locations)
- Condition Assessment Scheme (ships)
- Condition Assessment Survey
- Conditional Access System
- Configuration Assurance Solution (Cisco)
- Conformal Antenna System
- Conformal-Array Seeker
- Connecticut Association of Schools
- Conseil d'Analyse de la Société (French: Society Analysis Council)
- Consejo Asesor de Seguridad (Guatemala)
- Consenting Adults
- Conservation Agreement and Strategy (various organizations)
- Consol Access Server (connection profile)
- Consolidated Administration System
- Consolidated Application System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Short-term conflict alert systems in Germany are based on SkyLine's air traffic control applications.
The Group also considered that the implementation of Short-Term Conflict Alert systems should be speeded up in ECAC States.
March 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin Air Traffic Management, a business unit of Lockheed Martin Corporation (NYSE: LMT), today announced that the Deutsche Flugsicherung (DFS) - German Civil Aviation Authority accepted its Short Term Conflict Alert system for use in DFS' air traffic control facilities, currently under modernization.