The leaking of confidential business information to a foreign firm is punishable by up to 10 years in jail.
What does CBI stand for?
CBI stands for Confidential Business Information
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CBI
We have 387 other meanings of CBI in our Acronym Attic
- Community Building Initiatives (various organizations)
- Compensation and Benefits Instructions (Canada)
- Complete Background Investigation
- Compliance Biomonitoring Inspection
- Composite Burn Index
- Compound Batch Identification
- Computer Based Instruction
- Computer Based Interlocking (railway signaling interlocking system using microprocessors)
- Confederation of British Industry
- Confidence Building Initiative (Macedonia)
- Confusion Beyond Imagination
- Congregation Beth Israel (Judaism; various locations)
- Conservation Biology Institute (Corvallis, OR)
- Consommables Bureautiques Informatiques (French: Computer Supplies Office Equipment; Bordeaux, France)
- Constructions Bois Industrielles (French: Industrial Wood Construction; Pia, France)
- Content-Based Instruction
- Contingent Business Interruption (insurance)
- Continuous Bladder Irrigation
- Convention on Biodiversity
- Coordinated Border Infrastructure
Samples in periodicals archive:
The report, "EPA Needs a Coordinated Plan to Oversee Its Toxic Substances Control Act Responsibilities (TSCA)," also said that "EPA's procedures for handling confidential business information requests are predisposed to protect industry information rather than to provide public access to health and safety studies.
The law and EPA's regulations permit the specific chemical identity to be recognized as confidential business information (CBI) when appropriate to protect legitimate commercial interests, and in those cases the Agency requires that generic identifying information be provided.
Leahy said FOIA provided a number of appropriate exemptions for national security, law enforcement, confidential business information, and personal privacy.
BUSINESSES are being warned to watch out for fraudsters posing as VAT officials in an attempt to get confidential business information in South Wales.
For instance, if a company employee reveals confidential business information on a message board and the information materially affects the price of the company's stock, then SEC rules are violated.
The 2001 Cumulative Supplement to Trade Secrets: A State-by-State Survey, published by BNC Books, offers comprehensive, in-depth analysis of each state's statutory and common law protection for trade secrets and other confidential business information, both in and out of the employment context.
In our assessment, the draft protocol would put national security and confidential business information at risk," said Donald Mahley, the chief U.