He did however take charge of the short-lived Confederate air force, consisting of an observation balloon tethered to a river boat on the James River from which he reconnoitered the enemy line.
What does CAF stand for?
CAF stands for Confederate Air Force (now Commemorative Air Force)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CAF
We have 346 other meanings of CAF in our Acronym Attic
- Composite Application Framework
- Comprehensive Airman Fitness (US Air Force)
- Compress and Forward
- Compressed Air Filter (Compressed Air System Components)
- Compressed Air Foam (fire suppression)
- Compressed Asbestos Fibre (gasket type)
- Computer Acquisition Form (AMSEC)
- Computer Assisted Feedback
- Concert Association of Florida
- Conductive Anodic Filament
- Confédération Africaine de Football (French: African Confederation of Football)
- Confederation of African Football
- Congenital Afibrinogenemia
- Congolese Armed Forces
- Construcciones Y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles (Spanish railway vehicle constructor)
- Construction Advancement Foundation
- Contact A Family (UK organization)
- Contemporary Arts Forum
- Continuous Auto Focus (camera feature)
- Contract Advertisement Forecast (US Marine Corps)
Samples in periodicals archive:
After a career in cattle and real estate, he was visiting family in Nevada when he went out to the famous Reno Air Races and saw the CAF - then called the Confederate Air Force - display.
Next day, my father and I drove over to Camarillo Airport and the museum of the Commemorative Air Force (formerly Confederate Air Force -- a politically-courteous renaming).
The Confederate Air Force, dedicated to preserving World War II combat aircraft, has its local base at Gillespie and opens its hangar most Saturdays; call 448-4505.
AUSTIN, Texas -- After nearly 600,000 total votes cast in the Face-Off, Texans have declared the Confederate Air Force, now the Commemorative Air Force, the favorite Don't Mess with Texas TV ad of the past 25 years.
when four World War II aircraft, provided by Confederate Air Force, Avengers Squadron, combat in a simulated aerial dogfight, complete with torpedo explosions in the ocean.
These historic treasures of aviation are presented by the Confederate Air Force (CAF), a nonprofit organization based in Midland, Texas, which has single-handedly maintained and preserved the world's largest collection of World War II aircraft in flying condition.
The Confederate Air Force, a nonprofit group dedicated to preserving World War II aircraft.