Crouse, who is associated with Concerned Women for America, a conservative Christian public policy women's organization, takes a conservative stance on marriage, arguing that it is an important element in a free society and that vulnerable communities like the poor and minorities suffer the most from the nation's retreat from marriage.
What does CWFA stand for?
CWFA stands for Concerned Women for America
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CWFA
We have 2 other meanings of CWFA in our Acronym Attic
- Conserve Wildlife Foundation (New Jersey)
- Consumer Welfare Fund (India)
- Continental Wrestling Federation (professional wrestling circuit)
- Contract Work Force
- Cool White Fluorescent
- Creative Work Fund (San Francisco, CA)
- Custom Wired Format (IBM Websphere MQSeries SW)
- Cute Win Fail
- Clan der Wohnwagenfahrenden Aquarianer (gaming clan)
- Clean Water Finance Agency (Rhode Island)
- Conservative Women for America
- County Warning and Forecast Area (National Weather Service)
- Canadian Wood Fibre Centre (Canadian Forest Service; forestry promotion)
- Civilian Welfare Fund Council
- Curtiss-Wright Flow Control (Falls Church, VA)
- Consolidated Water Facilities Construction Program
- Concerned Women for Family Development (Bangladesh)
- California Wool and Fiber Festival
- Canadian World Friendship Fund
- Canary Wharf Film Festival (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Elois Zeanah, President of the Alabama Federation of Republican Women (AFRW) will speak as well as Valerie Askew, State Director of the Concerned Women for America.
Meeting with Joshua DuBois, executive director of the revamped White House office, were Concerned Women for America president Wendy Wright, who had sought the meeting, and representatives from the Family Research Council, the Christian Medical Association and Care Net, a network of pregnancy centers that encourages women to continue their unexpected pregnancies.
Pro-abortion advocates have been trying to sneak this bill in for almost a decade, but each year, the House strikes it down," Lanier Swann, director of government relations for the Concerned Women for America, said in a statement.
BEFORE PRESIDENT Bush reauthorized the Trafficking Victims Protection Act in January, Concerned Women for America President Janice Crouse warned that "within just blocks of the White House, pimps and trafficking mafias are promoting an industry that routinely enslaves thousands of women and girls every year.
The antigay group Concerned Women for America thought it had found the latest warrior in the battle over transgender rights.
organizations like Focus on the Family, Catholic Outreach, and Concerned Women for America (CWA), are also leading a concerted critique of the film; they rightly label Kinsey a "practitioner of junk science" (ibid).
Beginning in the 1970s the religious right proceeded to invent a positive moral vernacular around such terms as "family values" and "culture of life"--giving their organizations names like the American Family Association, the Center for Moral Clarity, Concerned Women for America, Focus on the Family, and the Traditional Values Coalition--to mask what is actually bigotry and fanaticism.