In addition to regional folk music, Styriarte has also been a platform for distinguished early-music ensembles and artists specialising in informed interpretation, headed by Jordi Savall and Harnoncourt's companions from the Concentus Musicus Wien ensemble.
What does CMW stand for?
CMW stands for Concentus Musicus Wien (baroque music ensemble)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CMW
We have 57 other meanings of CMW in our Acronym Attic
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Tax (New York)
- Converse Technology
- Commander Medium Attack Tactical Warfare Wing Pacific
- C. Milton Wright (school; Bel Air, MD)
- Canadian Music Week
- Channel Memory Write
- Charles Machine Works, Inc.
- Classic Metal Works (model cars)
- Compartmented Mode Workstation
- Compton's Most Wanted (rap group)
- Constraints Management Workshop
- Continuous Microwave
- Country Music Weekly (magazine)
- Canadian Masters Windsurfing Association
- Canadian Mud Wrestling Association
- Central Minnesota Woodworking Association (St. Cloud, MN)
- City Mission World Association
- Chowchilla Mountain Women's Club (Mariposa, CA)
- Clinton Montague Website Consultant (Oxford, UK)
- Commander, Mine Warfare Command
Samples in periodicals archive:
Being one of the most outstanding harpists in the international platform today, Naoko Yoshino's solo engagements with the world's top orchestras have included the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra, Israel Philharmonic, Leipzig Gewandhaus Orchestra, Philharmonia Orchestra, Zurich's Tonhalle Orchestra, The Philadelphia Orchestra, Concentus Musicus Wien, and the NHK Symphony Orchestra, among others.
The youthful-sounding cast (including four tenors, no less) is obviously having a whale of a time, and the Concentus Musicus Wien plays with spirit and vigour under the enthusiastic Nikolaus Harnoncourt.
Background: In 1953, Maestro Harnoncourt organized the specialist ensemble Concentus Musicus Wien (CMW) in Austria.
At the international level this approach is associated with conductors like Nicolaus Harnoncourt, John Eliot Gardiner, Philippe Herreweghe, William Christie or Reinhard Goebel and their ensembles Concentus Musicus Wien, Orchestre Revolutionnaire et Romantique, Collegium Vocale Gent, Les Arts florissants or Musica Antiqua Koeln.
Konzertvereinigung Wiener Staatsopernchor and Concentus Musicus Wien / Nikolaus Harnoncourt.
Concentus Musicus Wien and Wiener Staatsopernchor with Nikolaus Harnoncourt.
This column has frequently praised the achievements of Nicolas Harnoncourt and we shall do so again regarding his recording, with his Concentus Musicus Wien, of Mozart's Symphonies Number 10, 11, 42, 44-46 released by TELDEC (3984-25914-2).