com Silence On The Wire: A Field Guide To Passive Reconnaissance And Indirect Attacks by computer security and programming expert Michal Zalewski focuses upon fundamentals of computing so that even non-specialist general readers can understand network design and their own computing activities, becoming able to address computer security issues.
What does COMPUSEC stand for?
COMPUSEC stands for Computer Security
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Computing Technology Industry Association
- Composite Training Unit
- Composite Training Unit Exercise
- Graph Grammars and their Application to Computer Science
- Computing by Graph Transformation
- Computational Logic II
- Network of Excellence in Computational Logic
- Computing & Networking, Its Ethics and Social/Societal Implications
- Computational Physics
- Canadian Optimal Medication Prescribing and Utilization Service
- Computadoras y Servicios (Guatemala)
- Computational Materials Science
- Common Operating Machine Purposely Used for Technological and Educational Research
- Commonly Operated Machine Particularly Used for Technical Education and Research
- Computer Training Unit Exercise
- Composite Wing
- NASDAQ Composite Index
- Cloak of Magic Resistance (NetHack)
- Combinatorial Organic Materials Research
- Commercially Owned, Military Registered
Samples in periodicals archive:
Computer Security is an expose directed at potential victims of security breaches and is a manual for self protection in the workplace.
Reuters) - The outbreak of the Nimda computer worm, which has spread rapidly across the Internet, appeared to have peaked on Wednesday for the powerful server machines that drive the Web, but the number of infected PCs may never be known, computer security experts said.
Computer Security Institute addresses the issue of Internet security with a new seminar, "Internet@security.
Risky business: Tackling computer security NASA created the Space Physics Analysis Network a decade ago to enable scientists conducting NASA-related research to share data and ideas.
Too many managers regard computer security as a technology problem rather than a management one and defer computer security to technicians.
In observance of National Computer Security Day (NCSD) November 30th, experts from NCSD sponsor AuthenTec will be available to comment on the latest security issues, trends, surveys, and available solutions.
White-hat hackers, like those at IBM, are only one kind of computer security professional whose skills are much in demand today.