com/article/2013/02/27/us-cyberattack-miniduke-idUKBRE91Q0OL20130227) Reuters that he had reported the incident to NATO's Computer Incident Response Capability, a group that analyzes and responds to cyber threats.
What does CIRC stand for?
CIRC stands for Computer Incident Response Capability
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of CIRC
We have 46 other meanings of CIRC in our Acronym Attic
- Civitan International Research Center (University of Alabama at Birmingham)
- Climate Impacts Research Centre
- Código do Imposto Sobre o Rendimento das Pessoas Colectivas (Portuguese income tax code)
- Collectif d'Information et de Recherche Cannabique
- Colorado Immigration Rights Coalition
- Commercial-Industrial Realty Council
- Community Informatics Resource Center
- Community Information and Referral Centre
- Community Information Resource Center
- Computer Incident Response Center
- Computer Information and Resource Center (now defunct GWU division)
- Computer Integrated Road Construction
- Conflict of Interest in Research Committee
- Cooperative Integrated Reading and Composition
- Cornell Institute for Research on Children
- Corporate & Industrial Restructuring Corporation (Pakistan)
- Cross Interleave Reed-Solomon Code (used on CDs)
- Cultural Industries Research Centre
- Curtin Indigenous Research Centre
Samples in periodicals archive:
In February, a 58 million euro contract was awarded to establish a NATO Computer Incident Response Capability, to be fully operational in 2013.
Key speakers include - David Davis MP, Shadow Home Secretary - Suleyman Anil, Head, NATO Computer Incident Response Capability Coordination Centre - Michael Barrett, Chief Information Security Officer, PayPal - James Finch, Assistant Director Cyber-Division, FBI - Jennifer Stoddart, Privacy Commissioner of Canada - Mark Waghorne, Head, Group Information Security, Lloyds TSB - Kevin Zuccato, Commander, High Tech Crime Operations, Australian Federal Police Sharon Lemon, Head of SOCA e-Crime said: "This is the most important event in our yearly diary, allowing us to develop relationships with law enforcement partners from across the globe.
SecureInfo's Steven Kiser was introduced as CEO of the VA's largest Information Security Solutions Provider and prime contractor for the VA Computer Incident Response Capability (VA-CIRC) and VA Network Security Operations Center (VA-NSOC).
Schultz brings 17 years of information systems security experience to the S3I Holdings Advisory Board, including serving as project manager of the Department of Energy's Computer Incident Response Capability (CIAC), Program Manager of the International Information Integrity Institute (I-4), Principal and Practice leader of SRI Consulting's Information Security Consulting Practice, Trusted Security Advisor and Research Director for Global Integrity Corporation, and Adjunct Professor of Computer Science at Purdue University.
These contracts include enterprise protection, detection and response for the Department of Veterans Affairs Computer Incident Response Capability (VA-CIRC), cyber security management solutions for the Air Force Computer Emergency Response Team (AFCERT), and enterprise vulnerability management for every Federal Civilian Agency in the United States (FedCIRC).
These contracts include enterprise protection, detection and response for the Department of Veterans Affairs' Computer Incident Response Capability (VA-CIRC), cyber security management solutions for the Air Force Computer Emergency Response Team (AFCERT), and enterprise vulnerability management for every Federal Civilian Agency in the United States (Department of Homeland Security: FedCIRC).
The need for such security measures was reiterated by Robert Pate, VA computer incident response capability team leader.