He has been named as one of the ten most influential people in the software industry and has been inducted into the Computer Hall of Fame along with Charles Babbage, Grace Hopper, Bill Gates, Seymour Cray, and James Martin.
What does CHOF stand for?
CHOF stands for Computer Hall of Fame (San Diego Computer Museum; San Diego, CA)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CHOF
- Church of Christ Denomination
- Consumerism and the History of Consumption (research group; UK)
- Chief of Defense
- Conservation, Hotels, Domestic and Allied Workers Union (Tanzania)
- Community Housing Development Organization
- Coal Harbour Official Development Plan (Vancouver, Canada)
- College Hockey Offensive Defensive Ratings
- Christ's Household of Faith
- Christian Hall of Fame
- Clown Hall of Fame
- Consulting Hall of Fame (software)
- Canberra Harley Owners Group (Australia)
- CARICOM (Caribbean Community) Heads of Government (Caribbean government leaders)
- Christchurch Harbour Ornithological Group (est. 1956; UK)
- Commonwealth Heads of Governments
- Commonwealth Heads Of Government Meeting
- Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historic Park (US National Park Service)
- Christian Homeschoolers of Hawaii
- Come Hell or High Water
- Center for Humanitarian Outreach and Intercultural Exchange
Samples in periodicals archive:
As one of the original founders of Novell and developer of Novell's NetWare LAN OS, Major is often referred to as the "father of the network operating system" and was inducted into the Computer Hall of Fame in 1999.
He was inducted into the Computer Hall of Fame in 1999.