One suggestion is to enhance Computer Hacking and Intellectual Property (CHIP) units, which are responsible for high-tech cases as well as for training prosecutors and investigators on issues they will need to understand to handle these cases.
What does CHIP stand for?
CHIP stands for Computer Hacking and Intellectual Property (unit)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CHIP
We have 133 other meanings of CHIP in our Acronym Attic
- Children's Hospital Informatics Program
- Chile Information Project
- Chromatin Immunoprecipitation
- Colorado Highway Patrol
- Come Home I'm Pregnant
- Community Health Improvement Process (various locations)
- Community Health Information Partnerships
- Community Home-Based Initiatives Program
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan (Illinois)
- Computer Hackers and Intellectual Property (DoJ)
- Concerned Homeowners for Intelligent Power (Canada)
- Concerned Homeowners in Partnership
- Consolidador de Hacienda e Información Financiera Pública (Spanish: Consolidator Public Finance and Financial Reporting; Colombia)
- Contingency Historical Information Preservation (team)
- Cooperative for Health Insurance Purchasing
- Copenhagen HIV Program (Denmark)
- Coronary Health Improvement Project (community-based lifestyle education program)
- County HAVA Implementation Plan (Indiana)
- Critical Homeland Infrastructure Protection
- Custom Habitat Improvement Product
Samples in periodicals archive:
The department is also in the process of beefing up its Computer Hacking and Intellectual Property units to prosecute those who commit cybercrime.
White Collar Crime: Business and Regulatory Offenses features a discussion of computer crime, including provisions of the "Electronic Communications Privacy Act" and the creation of Computer Hacking and Intellectual Property Squads designed to combat copyright theft, computer fraud and hacking.