It also differs from magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computer assisted tomography (CAT), which only look at anatomic structures.
What does CAT stand for?
CAT stands for Computer Assisted Tomography
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CAT
We have 904 other meanings of CAT in our Acronym Attic
- Compliance Assessment Team
- Component Advanced Technology
- Compte à Terme (French: Term Deposit Account; banking)
- Computer Adaptive Test
- Computer Aided Technology
- Computer Aided Test
- Computer Aided Training
- Computer Aided Transcription
- Computer Aided Translation
- Computer Aided Typesetting
- Computer Association of Thailand
- Computer-Aided Teaching
- Computer-Aided Testing
- Computer-Aided Tomography (less common; medical imaging; scan/scanning; now CT, Computed Tomography is preferred)
- Computer-Aided Tooling
- Computer-Aided Transcription
- Computer-Assisted Testing
- Computer-Assisted Training
- Computer-Assisted Translation
- Computer-based Adaptive Testing
Samples in periodicals archive:
Because electric field interactions are so complex, the math needed to extract actual images of objects from electric-field data is trickier than the already-challenging calculations needed to make pictures from the data collected in computer assisted tomography scans or magnetic resonance images.
This test is simply done with an Imatron electron beam CAT scanner (the fastest Computer Assisted Tomography scanner in the world) in about 10 minutes and costs about $400.