Evening car parking charges in Halifax town centre and parking charges at the 10 district car parks will all be removed "as soon as possible", while a "ridiculous" attempt to seek a compulsory purchase order in connection with PS2m government-funded improvement plan for the Hipperholme crossroads has been dumped.
What does CPO stand for?
CPO stands for Compulsory Purchase Order
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CPO
We have 272 other meanings of CPO in our Acronym Attic
- Commodity Pool Operator
- Communications Program Officer
- Community Post Office (rural Postal Service outlet)
- Community Properties of Ohio (Columbus, OH)
- Community Punishment Order (UK criminal system)
- Compagnie Pétrolière de l'Ouest (French: Petroleum Company of the West)
- Complete Partial Order (domain theory/theoretical computer science/order theory)
- Complete Provisions Only (US DoD)
- Component Pilot Overhaul
- Comptoir Pièces Occasion (French: Used Parts Counter)
- Concevoir Publier et Organiser (French: Design and Publishing Organization)
- Conditional Purchase Offer
- Conseil des Prélèvements Obligatoires (French: Board of Compulsory Levies)
- Consejo del Pueblo Maya (Spanish: Mayan Village Council; Guatemala)
- Conselho Político da Oposição (Portuguese: Political Council of Opposition; Angola)
- Consolidated Planning Order
- Consumer Protection Office
- Continuous Program Optimization
- Contracting and Purchasing Operations
- Control Post Operator
Samples in periodicals archive:
Melissa Blackburn, who was born and brought up at Tower Green, may have to give up her home after Middles-brough Council applied for a compulsory purchase order 070814GREEN_02 IAN MCINTYRE
THE owners of dozens of empty houses in Birmingham will be threatened with compulsory purchase orders to bring them back into use and help ease the city's housing shortage.
Conwy County Council chiefs meet next week over whether to use a compulsory purchase order (CPO) to buy the derelict Colwyn Bay Market Hall on Princes Drive.
A STUMBLING block preventing the pounds 32 million refurbishment of Warwickshire County Cricket Club's Edgbaston ground from being completed has been removed after Birmingham City Council decided to draw up compulsory purchase orders.
Strict limits will also be put on its use of compulsory purchase orders.
It is believed to be only the second time that an NHS compulsory purchase order will have been used.
SIR - I note in the Western Mail of July 9 that you listed the compulsory purchase orders relating to the St Athan developments.