Venkaiah Naidu on Monday alleged that the Congress-led UPA government was trying to undermine the constitutional authority of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG).
What does CAG stand for?
CAG stands for Comptroller and Auditor General
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CAG
We have 284 other meanings of CAG in our Acronym Attic
- Commissioner's Advisory Group
- Common Authorization Gateway
- Communication et Arts Graphiques (French: Communication and Graphic Arts)
- Community Access Gateway
- Community Action Grant (various locations)
- Community Advisory Group (EPA)
- Community Affairs Group
- COMPES Advisory Group
- Competition Advocate General
- Comptoir d'Assurances Générales (French insurance company)
- Computer Aided Graphics
- Computer Applications in Geography (Ireland)
- COMSAT Augmented GPS
- Conagra Foods (stock symbol)
- Congo African Gray (bird species)
- Conseil Affaires Générales (French: General Affairs Council)
- Content Advisory Group
- Continental Aktiengesellschaft (Hannover, Germany)
- Contingency Advisory Group
- Continuous Ambulatory Gamma Globulin (infusion)
Samples in periodicals archive:
| KUWAIT, Sept 1 (KUNA) --- The State Audit Bureau received Saturday a delegation from the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India to attend the fourth joint seminar on the control of information systems in the public sector, scheduled for September 2-6.
Muscat: Sheikh Nassir bin Hilal Al-Ma awali, chairman of the State s Financial and Administrative Audit Institution (SfAAI) left here today heading to the friendly republic of India on an official three-day visit to the office of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India.
A study by the auditor, the Comptroller and Auditor General, found that losses from the cut-price sales could have cost the national treasury up to $40 billion, though this figure is disputed by the government.
Lenihan's statement came after a report by the state Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) that criticised weaknesses in the country's financial regulation that led to the current banking crisis.
The great pity about Sir John Bourn, the comptroller and auditor general who retired last week, is that some of the rich reputational capital he had amassed was squandered amid revelations of luxury hotels and over-the-top restaurant expenses.
21 ( ANI ): Activists of environment watchdog Greenpeace criticized the central government on Tuesday for defending the multi-billion dollar coal scam, as revealed by the country's apex audit body, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG).
The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) national watchdog ordered the probe into various Games-related projects a day after Thursday's closing ceremony, the Press Trust of India will scrutinise tenders handed out by Kalmadi's team for the purchase of sports equipment.