As a signatory to the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT), the Islamic Republic of Iran believes that Nuclear Disarmament should be put on the agenda of the international community and nuclear tests with any motivation should be prohibited," Iran's Deputy Ambassador to the United Nations Eshaq Ale-Habib said at an informal UN General Assembly meeting dedicated to the International Day against Nuclear Testing.
What does CTBT stand for?
CTBT stands for Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of CTBT in our Acronym Attic
- Closely Trimmed Boneless Retail Cuts (beef production)
- China Telecom Beijing Research Institute (China Telecom Corporation Limited)
- Chihuahua Toy Breed Rescue and Retirement
- California Tests of Basic Skills
- Canadian Test of Basic Skills (standardized testing; Canada)
- Cape Town Baptist Seminary (South Africa)
- Certified Tissue Bank Specialist
- Comprehensive Tests of Basic Skills
- Council Tax Benefit Subsidy Limitation (UK)
- Cascade Trellis-Block Space-Time (coding scheme)
- Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization
- CTBT Organisation Preparatory Commission
- Consumer TelePresence Business Unit (Cisco)
- Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat
- Confederated Tribes and Bands of the Yakama Nation
- Cable i Televisió de Catalunya
- Cable Television Commission (various locations)
- Cadre Training Course
- Calcutta Tramways Company
- Calgary Technology Center (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Senate in 1998 voted against the accord -- the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT) -- which would ban all nuclear blasts, whether military or civilian in nature.
The resolution urges all states to comply with the obligations of the NPT, to refrain from conducting nuclear test explosions and ratify the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT).
Talbott's task was to persuade India to agree to four nonproliferation benchmarks, including the endorsement of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT).
Antinuclear groups have criticized the tests, saying they are undermining the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty on nuclear weapons.
To this day, efforts to strip the United States of its nuclear weapons proceed apace with instruments such as the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT), which the United States has made a policy of observing despite not having ratified it.
14 Kyodo Libya has ratified two global disarmament treaties -- the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty (CTBT) on nuclear weapons and the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC), United Nations officials said Wednesday.
But lately, scientists have turned back to infrasound, in large part because of the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty, which was adopted by the United Nations in 1996.