Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Comprehensive Error Rate Testing audits, conducted to measure improper payments in the Medicare fee-for-service (FFS) program, were common among providers.
What does CERT stand for?
CERT stands for Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CERT
We have 90 other meanings of CERT in our Acronym Attic
- Cognitive Emotional Restructuring Therapy
- Colorado Evolution Response Team
- Combined Environmental Reliability Testing
- Committee of Emergency Response Team
- Committee on Energy Research and Technology (International Energy Agency)
- Communication Emergency Response Team
- Community Emergency Response Team
- Community Emergency Response Training (various locations)
- Community Enforcement Response Team (Las Cruces, NM)
- Composite Electrical Readiness Test (NASA)
- Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US government)
- Computer Emergency Response Team
- Concordia Emergency Response Team (Concordia University; Canada)
- Corporate Equity Reduction Transaction (US IRS)
- Correctional Emergency Response Team (Indiana)
- Corrections Emergency Response Team
- Council of Energy Resource Tribes (group of Native American tribes with energy resources, since 1976; Denver, CO and Washington, DC, USA)
- Crew Escape and Rescue Technique
- Crisis Emergency Response Team
- Critical Emergency Response Team
Samples in periodicals archive:
The report, part of Medicare's new Comprehensive Error Rate Testing Program, puts the error rate of Medicare payments at 9.
CMS's Comprehensive Error Rate Testing Report, released in November 2012, reported the improper payment rate was 8.
The Compliance 360 Claims Auditor serves as the claims audit system of record for healthcare providers by providing a central point of management for a wide variety of medical claims audits and denials, including: * Medicare Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) audits * Medicaid Integrity Contractor (MIC) audits * Medicare Program Safeguard Contractor (PSC) audits * Medicare Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT) audits * Medicaid Fraud Control Unit (MFCU) audits * Commercial Payer Audits "With the expert assistance of the Compliance 360 services team, our implementation of the Compliance 360 Claims Auditor was completed earlier this year, in only one month," said Patrick Mason, Director of Transaction Management for The Methodist Hospital System.
The Compliance 360 Claims Auditor helps healthcare providers manage a wide variety of claims audits including the Medicare Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) audits, Medicare Program Safeguard Contractor (PSC) audits, Medicare Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT) audits, Medicaid Integrity Contractor (MIC) audits, Medicaid Fraud Control Unit (MFCU) audits and other forms of claims audits.