The landowner tricked them into signing a waiver of their land claims under the Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program (CARP) in exchange for 2,500 Philippine pesos that covered the connection fees (the exchange rate is roughly 54 pesos to the dollar).
What does CARP stand for?
CARP stands for Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program (Philippines)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of CARP
We have 92 other meanings of CARP in our Acronym Attic
- Clean Annapolis River Project (society)
- Club Atletico River Plate (Spanish: River Plate Atheltic Club; Argentina)
- Club Auto Rétro Passion (French automobile club)
- Collegiate Association for the Research of the Principle
- Committee on Acoustic-Emission from Reinforced Plastics
- Common Accounting Report Package
- Common Address Redundancy Protocol
- Communications and Radar Processor
- Community and Regional Planning (various organizations)
- Component-Averaged Row Projections (numerical technique for solving large sparse systems of linear equations)
- Comprehensive Alcoholism Rehabilitation Program (West Palm Beach, FL)
- Computed Air Release Point (airdrop computations)
- Contingency Alternate Route Plan (US DoD)
- Continuity and Recovery Plan
- Contract Award Review Panel
- Cool and Radically Popular
- Copyright Arbitration Royalty Panel (US Copyright Office)
- Corporate Agribusiness Research Project
- Corrective Action Review Process
- Course Approval and Review Process (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
These include implementation of the Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program, which in 18 months has distributed 858,000 hectares of farmland to the poor.
In December 1992, also in Santa Rosa, Agricultural Reform Secretary Ernesto Garilao intervened in the nick of time to stop the conversion of 11 hectares into an industrial estate - supposedly a joint-venture partnership between Toshiba World Philippines and Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program (CARP) beneficiaries.