Atlas' expertise in its composites manufacturing processes is helping to play a key research and development role in the development of Next Generation Composite Wings (NGCW) after being selected by Airbus as one of its strategic composites partners during the critical prototype and testing phase of the programme.
What does COMPW stand for?
COMPW stands for Composite Wing
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Network of Excellence in Computational Logic
- Computing & Networking, Its Ethics and Social/Societal Implications
- Computational Physics
- Canadian Optimal Medication Prescribing and Utilization Service
- Computer Security
- Computadoras y Servicios (Guatemala)
- Computational Materials Science
- Common Operating Machine Purposely Used for Technological and Educational Research
- Commonly Operated Machine Particularly Used for Technical Education and Research
- Computer Training Unit Exercise
- NASDAQ Composite Index
- Cloak of Magic Resistance (NetHack)
- Combinatorial Organic Materials Research
- Commercially Owned, Military Registered
- Communication Research and Development Satellite (NASA)
- China Ocean Mineral Resources Research and Development Association (est. 1991)
- City of Oshawa Marine Rescue Association (Canada)
- Council on Member and Region Affairs (American Society of Safety Engineers)
- Committee on the Organization and Management of Research in Astronomy and Astrophysics (National Academy of Sciences)
Samples in periodicals archive:
During the last four years Spirit has been collaborating with its customer on a number of government supported R&D programmes such as Next Generation Composite Wing (NGCW), I-Composites Grand Challenge and Rapid Technology Evolution (RATE).
All Airbus aircraft include some composite materials, but the A350XWB comprises substantially more including composite wings and fuselage, and will provide an effective response to our customers' needs.
Oct 11, 2010 Bombardier Bombardier has mated a portion of the CSeries composite wing to the airliner's composite wing box, and conducted a series of successful tests to mitigate any perceived risk associated with such a join, the Canadian airframer has revealed to ATI and Flightglobal.
7million in repayable investment for the development of the composite wings for the company's new C Series aircraft in Belfast.
Mubadala said the new factory would mainly produce light-weight composite wing parts for airbrakes, aelerons and fairings.
Filton is already a centre of excellence in metallic structures for Airbus and we intend to invest in the operation so that it also becomes a centre of excellence in composite wing structures serving the global aerospace market.
The deal comes hot on the heels of the recent announcement of investment by Bombardier and the UK government into Bombardier's Belfast facility for the building of composite wings for the C series aircraft.