Available evidence suggests a lower rate of postoperative complications in patients who underwent completion lymph node dissection for micrometastatic disease detected by SLNB, compared to those who underwent therapeutic lymph node dissection for clinically palpable disease.
What does CLND stand for?
CLND stands for Completion Lymph Node Dissection
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CLND
- Cued Language Network of America
- Comitato di Liberazione Nazionale Alta Italia (Italian: Committee of National Liberation; 1943-1947; Italy)
- Connectionless Network Access Protocol
- Camp Lejeune, North Carolina (Marine Corps Base)
- Certified Legal Nurse Consultant
- Cervical Lymph Node Cells
- Consultants Légistes et Nautiques du Canada (French: Forensic and Nautical Consultants of Canada; Gatineau, Quebec, Canada)
- Chemiluminescent Nitrogen Detection
- Collège et Lycée Notre-Dame (French: Notre Dame Secondary School)
- Customer Located Network Equipment
- Chicano-Latino Network
- Center for Liquefied Natural Gas (trade association)
- Clear Lake Networking Group (Texas)
- Calcium Lithium Niobium Gallium Garnet
- Community Living North Halton (Canada)
- Crater Lake Natural History Association (est. 1942)
- Certified Legal Nurse Investigator
- Connectionless Network Interface Protocol
- College Leadership New Jersey (various universities)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The need for completion lymph node dissection following positive sentinel lymph node biopsy for cutaneous melanoma.
CHICAGO -- Only half of close to 3,000 patients with a positive sentinel lymph node biopsy underwent a completion lymph node dissection in a controversial retrospective analysis of 47,643 patients with invasive melanoma that suggests common practice is falling far short of guidelines.