The model will be assembled locally at the automaker's Chennai assembly plant via the completely Knocked down kit route.
What does CKD stand for?
CKD stands for Completely Knocked Down (shipping)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CKD
We have 26 other meanings of CKD in our Acronym Attic
- Centralized Group Key Distribution (cryptography)
- Centralized Knowledge Delivery
- Certificado de Capital de Desarrollo (Spanish: Certificate of Capital Development; Mexico)
- Certified Kitchen Designer
- Choi Kwang Do (Martial Art)
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Chun Kuk Do (Martial Art)
- Claude Kesser Développement (French construction company)
- Collaborative Knowledge Development (various organizations)
- Complete Knock Down (automotive industry)
- Count Key Data (device)
- Count Key Device
- Crush Kill Destroy (band)
- Cubic Centimeters per Kilogram per Day
- Cyclical Ketogenic Diet
- Chronic Kidney Disease Epidemiology Collaboration
- Collaborative Knowledge Discovery in Databases
- Conceptual Knowledge Discovery in Databases
- Christlich-Konservatives Deutschland-Forum (German: Conservative Christian-Germany Forum)
- Commonwealth of Kentucky Department of Information Systems
Samples in periodicals archive:
To date, Sany has spent Rs 600 crore in its Indian operations and now the firm assembles excavators and crawler cranes at this plant from completely knocked down gears.
While the duty on a new car varies from 100- 200% or more, that on an old car is mostly less than 100% Bringing them in a completely knocked down condition, which requires reassembling of all the parts once it's here.
The ECC has sought a detailed presentation on determination of the data on Completely Knocked Down (CKD) kits for new entrants such as Components, parts and CKD kits not manufactured locally at 50% of the existing rate of 32.
The government plans to implement more regulations that will attract investments in automotive production facilities and reduce import tariffs for completely knocked down (CKD) and completely built unit (CBU) units," he added.
Of these, 52 will be received completely built and the remaining 150 as completely knocked down for assembly at the carriage factory in Islamabad.
NAC Act provided for the establishment of a fund which consists of two percent levy on the cost, insurance and freight (CIF) value of all imported fully built units (FBU), auto components, spare parts, completely knocked down (CKD) and raw materials imported for the automotive sub-sector.
Arguably every business regardless of location or industry felt the economic punch, and some were completely knocked down by it.