In September Network Telephone announced its plans to merge with ITC Delta^com and FDN Communications to form the largest Competitive Local Exchange Company (CLEC) in the Southeast.
What does CLEC stand for?
CLEC stands for Competitive Local Exchange Company (telecommunications provider)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CLEC
We have 59 other meanings of CLEC in our Acronym Attic
- Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas
- Communications, Law Enforcement and Technology (New Hampshire)
- C Language Exploratory Analysis of Variance (research software)
- Commonwealth Law Enforcement Board
- Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- Certificated Lactation Educator-Counselor
- Citizens/Labor Energy Coalition
- Clear Lake Education Center (Escanaba, MI)
- Community Living Essex County (Essex, Ontario, Canada)
- Competitive Local Exchange Carrier
- Continuing Legal Education Committee
- Competitive Local Exchange Carriers Association (Michigan Telecommunications Act lawsuit plaintiffs; Michigan)
- Continuing Legal Education in Colorado, Inc.
- Central Louisiana Electric Co-Op
- Check List of European Continental Mollusca (Natural History Museum of Gothenburg; Sweden)
- Controllership: Leading Edge of Corporate Performance
- Corporate Leading Edge Credit Technologies Consulting, Inc. (Chicago, IL)
- Centre for Local Economic Development (Coventry University; UK)
- Community Leadership and Economic Development
- Cystine Lactose Electrolyte Deficient (biologic sampling tool)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the 1990s, he led Teleport Communications Group, which grew into the nation's largest competitive local exchange company until it was subsequently bought by AT&T in 1998.
Annunziata's vast experience and leadership in the telecommunications industry includes establishing Teleport Communications Group (TCG) and building it into the first and largest Competitive Local Exchange Company (CLEC).
WASHINGTON -- Cavalier Telephone, Virginia's fastest growing and largest competitive local exchange company (CLEC), has chosen Alexandria, Virginia-based Imago Bloom as its agency of record to spearhead its creative and aggressive advertising campaign in the Northern Virginia residential and business markets.
Annunziata built TCG into the first and largest Competitive Local Exchange Company (CLEC).
Teleconex"), a competitive local exchange company (CLEC) located in Pensacola, Fla.
There is a large amount of uncertainty in the industry as to whether BellSouth's wholesale support systems will function adequately as the volume of Competitive Local Exchange Company (CLEC) activity increases," Phigler said.
a competitive local exchange company in Sioux Center, IA).