Currently, individuals with expired Social Insurance Numbers (SIN) or work permits can qualify for EI maternity and parental or compassionate care benefits while outside of Canada.
What does CCB stand for?
CCB stands for Compassionate Care Benefit (Canadian insurance program)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CCB
We have 392 other meanings of CCB in our Acronym Attic
- Communauté de Communes du Brannais (French: Community of Communes Brann; Gironde, France)
- Communauté de Communes du Brantômois (French: Community of Communes Brantômois; Dordogne, France)
- Communauté de Communes du Canton de Blaye (French: Community of Municipalities of the Canton of Blaye; Blaye, France)
- Communicatieclub Bourgondië (Dutch: Burgundy Communications Club)
- Community Capital Bancshares, Inc. (Albany, GA)
- Community Centered Board (for developmental disabilities)
- Community Church of Boston (Boston, MA)
- Community Concert Band
- Community Counterterrorism Board (US DoD)
- Compagnie des Ciments Belges (French: Belgian Cement Company; Belgium)
- Complete Choice for Business (telecommunications)
- Composite-Class Burst
- Compte Courant Bloqué (French: Current Account Blocked; finance)
- Computational Cancer Biology (workshop)
- Concept Charpentes Bois (French: Concept Timber Structures; Igon, France)
- Conference Center Building
- Configuration Change Board
- Configuration Control Board
- Congregation of Christian Brothers
- Connected Component of the Boundary (topological maps)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For example, the Compassionate Care benefit as part of the Employment Insurance program requires 600 hours of work in 52 weeks and a signed medical certificate verifying a 26-week imminent death circumstance in order to qualify.
Also, the federal government's Compassionate Care Benefits Attestation form is required for those employees taking a leave under the broad category of "like a family member," and applying for the Employment Insurance Compassionate Care Benefit.
Compassionate care benefit - analysis and evaluation.
Eligibility for the compassionate care benefit was extended to include additional family members and others considered as family by the person who is gravely ill.
Ottawa--The Compassionate Care Benefit Program has used up only 4% of the annual budget allocated for benefits, the Health Council of Canada reported.
OTTAWA -- Canadians who care for deathly ill family members and who are eligible for Employment Insurance Benefits, will now be able to apply for and receive six weeks of benefits under a new Employment Insurance program called the Compassionate Care Benefit.
The new provincial law enables the province to act on the First Ministers' Accord on Health Care Renewal which outlines a federal initiative that would allow a six-week compassionate care benefit, available through the Employment Insurance program.