The study's findings offer robust evidence that participation in volunteer-centered, one-to-one, community-based mentoring programs can ameliorate and/or prevent the emergence of depressive symptoms," they added.
What does CBM stand for?
CBM stands for Community-Based Mentoring (various organizations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CBM
We have 298 other meanings of CBM in our Acronym Attic
- Commemorative Bucks of Michigan (Howell, MI)
- Commercial Bank of Malawi
- Commercial Building Materials (Ypsilanti, MI)
- Commodore Business Machines
- Common Berthing Mechanism
- Common Buffer Manager
- Commonwealth Business Media (East Windsor, NJ)
- Community Banking Month
- Community Beat Manager (UK police)
- Community Board Member (Illinois Primary Health Care Association)
- Compagnie des Bois et Meubles (French: Wood and Furniture Company; Paris, France)
- Component Based Model
- Component-Based Method (software sizing method)
- Compressed Baryonic Matter (physics)
- Compression-Based Distance Measure
- Computers for Business Management
- Computers in Biology and Medicine (journal)
- Concerned Black Men (Washington, DC and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
- Condition Based Maintenance
- Condition-Based Management
Samples in periodicals archive:
Person-centered, community-based mentoring programs leverage community resources in partnership with volunteers, allowing access for youth with disabilities at a wide variety of community centers, parks, play grounds, and other venues.
The Clark County Department of Community Services has supported 4Results' community-based mentoring program since its inception in 2000, and in recent years the state's Division of Alcohol and Substance Abuse also has funded 4Results.
Key areas of work identified so far include: Closer contact with young people to try to identify them before they drift into crime or are taken into care; Community-based mentoring groups, through the consortium Prospects Unlimited which provides support for Asian and Afro-Caribbean youths; Skill-based intervention, with the Learning and Skills Council helping school leavers to acquire the skills they require to find paid employment; You are Your City campaign, clearing litter and graffiti and creating a more pleasant environment.
In community-based mentoring, volunteers from the community are matched with youth, with a general focus on building relationships and enhancing students' social activities.
Its successful story has helped to establish the traditional model of community-based mentoring.
A Valley-based organization dedicated to helping children be the best they can be, the Fulfillment Fund was founded eight years ago by Gary and Cherna Gitnick of Encino, and was recently named the top community-based mentoring program by the California Mentor Initiative.
Reach for Independence and Self-Confidence)" provides (a) weekly coaching to students in the application of skills such as goal-setting, managing assistance, problem-solving, self-advocacy, and planning to achieve their personal goals; (b) coaching and support to parents to help them promote their children's independence; and (c) community-based mentoring experiences.