The board voted to apply for funding expected to be $80,000 to $90,000 under the state Community-Based English Tutoring Program, which is financed through $50 million allocated for parental tutoring by Proposition 227, the 1998 ballot measure aimed at speeding up the teaching of English to non-English speaking pupils.
What does CBET stand for?
CBET stands for Community-Based English Tutoring Program (California)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CBET
We have 25 other meanings of CBET in our Acronym Attic
- Central Beam Edge to Skin Distance
- Component-Based Enterprise Software Development
- Chesapeake Bay and Endangered Species Fund
- California Basic Educational Skills Test
- Center for Border Economic Studies (University of Texas-Pan American; Edinburg, TX)
- Calculated Best Estimate of Trajectory
- Cell Biology of Excitable Tissues (clinical research study)
- Centre for Business, Entrepreneurship and Technology (University of Waterloo; Canada)
- Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician
- Community-Based Ecotourism
- Competency-Based Education and Training
- Computer Based Education and Training
- Computer-Based Employee Training
- Chinese Buddhist Electronic Text Association
- Coastal Business, Education and Technology Alliance (est. 1995; now Creative Coast Alliance; Georgia)
- Campaign for Battery Electric Vehicles (Battery Vehicle Society)
- Capital Beverage (est. 1935; West Virginia)
- Central Bureau for Educational Visits and Exchanges (UK)
- Central Broward East-West Transit Analysis (Florida Department of Transportation; Broward County, FL; public transportation)
- Certificate of Bilingual Excellence
Samples in periodicals archive:
The board voted to apply for a second year of funding under the state Community-Based English Tutoring Program, which is financed through $50 million allocated for parental tutoring by Proposition 227, the 1998 ballot measure aimed at speeding up the teaching of English to non-English speaking pupils.