March 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources, one of the world's leading research and advisory firms for pharmaceutical and healthcare issues, finds that, following its expected launch later this year in the United States and in 2011 in Europe and Japan, Forest Laboratories/AstraZeneca/Takeda's ceftaroline will earn peak year sales of up to $200 million in the community-acquired pneumonia drug market.
What does CAP stand for?
CAP stands for Community-Acquired Pneumonia
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of CAP
We have 1489 other meanings of CAP in our Acronym Attic
- Community Action Policing
- Community Activities Program (various locations)
- Community Advisory Panel
- Community Alliance on Prisons
- Community Area Planning
- Community Art Project (various organizations)
- Community Arts Partnership
- Community Assistance Program
- Community Awareness Plan
- Community-Academic Partnership (various organizations)
- Compact Advocacy Programme (National Council for Voluntary Organisations; UK)
- Compagnie des Apôtres de la Paix (French)
- Compañia de Acero del Pacífico (Chile)
- Companion Animal Program (Cape Cod, MA)
- Company Aid Post
- Compatible Access Program (Sun)
- Competitive Access Provider
- Competitive Acquisition Program (Medicare; US DHHS)
- Complexity Analysis Program
- Compliance Assurance Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
The investigators conducted a large, retrospective study based on a database maintained by the Community-Acquired Pneumonia Organization (CAPO).
The drug is currently also being studied in a second complicated skin infection trial (STRAUSS II) targeting both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacterial infections, including patients with diabetic foot infections; and in phase III clinical trials in nosocomial pneumonia (CHOPIN studies) and in patients hospitalized with community-acquired pneumonia.
for the treatment of penicillin-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae in community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) This new indication makes Levaquin the first prescription antimicrobial agent specifically indicated for CAP caused by this resistant bacterium, giving physicians an additional option when penicillin-resistant pneumococcal pneumonia is present or suspected.
Californians hospitalized with community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) could more than double their chances of survival if they are treated at one of the top-rated hospitals, according to a newly released report from the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD), "Community Acquired Pneumonia: Hospital Outcomes in California, 2003-2005.
8 /PRNewswire/ -- Decision Resources, one of the world's leading research and advisory firms for pharmaceutical and healthcare issues, finds that the patent expiries of three blockbuster antibiotics -- levofloxacin, moxifloxacin and piperacillin/tazobactam -- will be the primary factors contributing to a decline of more than 15 percent in the community-acquired pneumonia drug market though 2018.
MONTREAL -- The high mortality in community-acquired pneumonia caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus may be largely due to Panton-Valentine leukocidin toxin, said Dr.
In "Coccidioidomycosis as a Common Cause of Community-acquired Pneumonia," by Lisa Valdivia et al.