Customary marriages will also have to be registered, and future customary marriages will be in community of property unless the couple make an agreement before the marriage that applies some other property arrangement.
What does COP stand for?
COP stands for Community of Property (South Africa)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of COP
We have 351 other meanings of COP in our Acronym Attic
- Committee on Publications (various organizations)
- Common On-Chip Processor
- Common Operating Picture
- Common Operational Picture
- Common Outage Probability
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (also seen as COPA)
- Communication on Progress (public disclosure report)
- Communication Order Process
- Communication Output Printer
- Community of Practice
Samples in periodicals archive:
Bradford summarized the effects of their common property system: ``For this community of property (so far as it went) was found to breed much confusion and discontentment and retard much employment that would have been to their benefit and comfort .
We are very pleased to welcome another member to our growing community of property and casualty customers in the United States," said W.