Project Description: This project aims at developing local capacities in community waste management to prevent waste burning and reduction and control of POPs pesticide, focusing on POPs alternatives and organic models to control pests.
What does COWAM stand for?
COWAM stands for Community Waste Management (project; EU)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of COWAM in our Acronym Attic
- California Onsite Wastewater Association (Chico, CA)
- Central Okanagan Wrestling Association (Canada)
- Central Otago Winegrowers Association (Cromwell, New Zealand)
- College of West Anglia (UK)
- Component Web Architecture
- Controlled Oral Word Association (cognitive science)
- City of Westminster Archives Centre (UK)
- Committee on Women in the Academic Community (Northwestern University; Illinois)
- Council on World Affairs of Canada
- Community Watershed Development Alliance - Cameroon
- Coalition Operational Wide Area Network (formerly CWAN)
- Combined Operations Wide Area Network
- Country Women Association of Nigeria
- Committee on Women and Psychoanalysis
- Controlled Oral Word Association Test
- Coalition of Washington Business Organizations
- Carlisle One World Centre (England, UK)
- Central Ohio Writers Collective
- Children of the World Choir
- Colleges of Worcester Consortium, Inc. (est. 1968; Worcester, MA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For more details call the community waste management officer on 01609 532045.
The awardees we've selected -- whose work ranges from increasing access to critical medicines through motorcycle maintenance to improving the health of rural poor through community waste management -- and the measurable improvements they've achieved, all reflect the essence of a Skoll social entrepreneur: a practical innovator who resolves social problems and builds civil society's infrastructure and effectiveness.