THE Kinship project in Easterhouse is a shining example of community self-help, with just the right amount of assistance from Barnardo's The group are a network of family carers who have found themselves looking after young kids abandoned by often alcoholic or drugaddicted parents.
What does CSH stand for?
CSH stands for Community Self-Help (various organizations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CSH
We have 118 other meanings of CSH in our Acronym Attic
- Chocolate Supa Highway (Spearhead album)
- Chorionic Somatomammotropin Hormone
- City of Signal Hill (California)
- Club Sportif Honfleurais (French sports club)
- Club Subaquatique d'Hautmont (French: Hautmont Underwater Club; Hautmont, France)
- Coalinga State Hospital (Coalinga, CA)
- Code for Sustainable Homes (UK)
- Cold Spring Harbor (New York research laboratory)
- Combat Support Helicopter
- Combat Support Hospital
- Community Service Hours
- Compagnie Saint-Hubert (French: Saint Hubert Company; est. 1983)
- Computational Ship Hydrodynamics
- Computer Science House
- Context Sensitive Help
- Convective-Stratiform Heating
- Convergence Santé Hôpital (French: Health Hospital Convergence)
- Coordination Syndicale Haïtienne (Haitian Trade Union Coordination)
- Cornell Society of Hotelmen
- Corporation for Supportive Housing (New Haven, CT, USA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Along the way, the Andersons--highly educated, upper-middle-class professional parents of two young daughters--discovered that spending with a focus on community self-help takes more than just good intentions--it requires a strategic approach.
These relics of street protest and community self-help, denatured by the white cube, flatten easily into decoration.
The small scale allows community self-help programmes to undertake such projects in collaboration with universities and local authorities, overcoming the bureaucratic bottlenecks that stifle progress in such matters in developing countries.
Examples include: increased responsiveness of central governments to local needs; community self-help programs; grass-roots democratic media programs; and conflict resolution measures.
Indeed, new community self-help projects, schools and health dispensaries are mushrooming in Rio's 750 favelas, bringing with them a wave of hope among people who now have a greater possibility of joining the middle class.
Starting last year, the OSCE Centre in Bishkek has been assisting the Kyrgyz Ministry of Emergency Situations with disaster preparedness, including by training local community self-help groups to prepare for quick responses in the event of natural disasters.
That model was the local community self-help scheme run by the Tredegar Workmen's Medical Aid Society on which Bevan had served as a committee member in the 1920s.