Byline: ANDREW GLOVER THE team behind a new community post office have got sacks full of enthusiasm for their new venture.
What does CPO stand for?
CPO stands for Community Post Office (rural Postal Service outlet)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of CPO
We have 272 other meanings of CPO in our Acronym Attic
- Club de Plongée d'Orchies (French diving club)
- Coalition for Photonics and Optics
- Code Practice Oscillator (Morse code learning device for ham radio operators)
- Coherent Population Oscillation (light propagation)
- Collateralized Portfolio Obligation
- Colne Philharmonic Orchestra
- Command Post Operations
- Commercial Pesticide Operator
- Commodity Pool Operator
- Communications Program Officer
- Community Properties of Ohio (Columbus, OH)
- Community Punishment Order (UK criminal system)
- Compagnie Pétrolière de l'Ouest (French: Petroleum Company of the West)
- Complete Partial Order (domain theory/theoretical computer science/order theory)
- Complete Provisions Only (US DoD)
- Component Pilot Overhaul
- Comptoir Pièces Occasion (French: Used Parts Counter)
- Compulsory Purchase Order
- Concevoir Publier et Organiser (French: Design and Publishing Organization)
- Conditional Purchase Offer
Samples in periodicals archive:
And because there is life after golf, the Camp Lodge will feature a full-service day spa with a delightful menu of massage and therapeutic treatments, outdoor lap and vitality pools, men's and ladies' locker rooms, fitness area, golf shop and community post office.
Many of our community post offices will be forced to eventually become what are proposed as "Post Office Locals", a scaled-down version of the stand-alone post offices we see today.
A CONSULTATION is under way which could see the re-opening of a community post office.
Nominations will be accepted until February 27 for branches offering outstanding service, and the winners of the best crown, town, city and community post office awards will be announced in April.
He said: "With so many post offices already being closed, the extent of these cuts is death by a thousand cuts for many local community post offices.
I am seeking the support of MPs in calling on the government to ensure that residents in Solihull have a real say in the future of their community post offices.
The moves come as local campaigns began across the region to save community post offices, and amid calls for solutions to be found to replace the "buzz" of a local branch.