The Community Pharmacy Action Group had resisted the move fearing it would mean the end of local chemists' shops who could not compete with supermarkets.
What does CPAG stand for?
CPAG stands for Community Pharmacy Action Group (Great Britain)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CPAG
We have 24 other meanings of CPAG in our Acronym Attic
- Canterbury Provincial Amateur Fencing Council (New Zealand)
- Cross-Product Automatic Frequency Control
- Chinese People's Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries
- Comité Provincial des Adultes Fibro-Kystiques
- Canadian Physical Activity Fitness and Lifestyle Appraisal
- Campylobacter Pylori Associated Gastritis
- Certified Professional Agronomist (American Society of Agronomy)
- Chicago Public Art Group (Chicago, IL)
- Child Poverty Action Group (UK)
- Community Partners Action Group (Toronto, Canada)
- Carcinogenic Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon
- Clearance of Para-Aminohippurate
- College of Public and Allied Health
- Colony Park Animal Hospital (est. 1984; Durham, NC)
- Community Partners for Affordable Housing (Tigard, OR)
- Coordinamento Provinciale Associazioni Handicappati (Italian: Provincial Coordination Handicap Association)
- Coalition to Preserve Access to Higher Education (Pennsylvania)
- Campbelltown Performing Arts High School (Australia)
- Campbell Public Affairs Institute (Maxwell School of Syracuse University; New York)
- Canvas Products Association International
Samples in periodicals archive:
The decision came as the Community Pharmacy Action Group caved in to OFT demands for a free market in common cold remedies and nutritional supplements.
The Community Pharmacy Action Group claimed the move would mean the end of local chemists, who could not compete with supermarkets.
David Sharpe, chairman of the Community Pharmacy Action Group, said: 'Pharmacists rely heavily on their over-the-counter medicine sales to stay in business - without the protection of RPM they will simply not be able to compete with the buying power and aggressive pricing tactics employed by supermarkets.
And, according to the Community Pharmacy Action Group, the change could drive 3,000 chemists out of business.
The victory came after the Community Pharmacy Action Group, representing 12,000 local chemists, "reluctantly" abandoned its legal battle to the OFT's challenge.
The Community Pharmacy Action Group had resisted the OFT application on the grounds that it would mean the end of local chemist's shops which could not compete with supermarkets.
The Community Pharmacy Action Group, which was set up to lobby in favour of RPM, was furious.