WASHINGTON -- Patients with Medicaid who receive treatment at community mental health centers are less likely to be readmitted, according to a new study conducted by researchers from Truven Health Analytics[TM], formerly the Healthcare business of Thomson Reuters, and the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
What does CMHC stand for?
CMHC stands for Community Mental Health Center
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of CMHC
We have 55 other meanings of CMHC in our Acronym Attic
- Community Mental Health Board
- Compagnie des Manufactures d'Horlogerie Bijouterie (French watch and jewelry manufacturer)
- Complementary Multiple-Hydrogen Bonded (chemistry)
- Community Mental Health Block Grant (various locations)
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
- Castle Hill Medical Centre (Australia)
- Clark Material Handling Company (Lexington, KY)
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling (degree program)
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Historical Commission
- Community and Migrant Health Center
- Community Mental Health Council, Inc.
- Cordelia Martin Health Center
- Critical Mass Health Conductors (est. 2005; African American Health Summit)
- California Mental Health Counseling Associates
- Community Mental Health Centers Act of 1963
- Community Mental Health Centers Association (psychology)
- Connecticut Mental Health Counselors Association
- Care Management for High Cost Beneficiaries (Medicare)
- Correctional Managed Health Care Committee (Texas)
- Centre for Mental Health Care Development (Czech Republic)
Samples in periodicals archive:
As part of their mission to bring awareness to the needs of underfunded mental health providers, the Psychotherapy Foundation supports community mental health centers and low-fee psychotherapy clinics by raising money to provide quality care to underserved populations.
95 Paperback RA790 Jacobs, a psychiatrist who ran the Connecticut Mental Health Center, an urban community mental health center run jointly by the Yale Department of Psychiatry and Connecticut's Department of Mental Health, from 1996 to 2009, tells the story of clinical services and practice at the Center, which opened in 1966.
Also, the center received a $63,000 grant from the Endowment for Health Awards to establish a plan to develop a center of excellence, promoting expanded and enhanced utilization of evidence-based practices for community mental health centers in New Hampshire.
For example, in 2005, the Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services, Department of Mental Health (EOHHS/DMH) established strategic partnerships with the Mental Health and Substance Abuse Corporations of Massachusetts and the Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers--the trade organizations representing community mental health centers (CMHCs) and community health centers (CHCs).
Francisco Cisneros, the executive director of the Pilsen-Little Village Community Mental Health Center, points out that the war on terrorism derailed attempts to win amnesty and legal resident status for undocumented Mexican workers.
It was created because of the failure of NIMH's Community Mental Health Centers program to address the problems of the increasing numbers of severely mentally ill individuals being discharged from state psychiatric hospitals.
Future Challenges Today, rehabilitation counselors are not only working in state VR agencies, but many are working in community mental health centers, psychiatric hospitals, community residential programs, supported employment programs, and community support programs.